Work-Bench is powering a new enterprise technology ecosystem in NYC. As an enterprise technology VC fund, Work-Bench bridges enterprise startups and large corporations together to drive innovation and transform enterprise IT. We scale startups through our community, workspace, business development, and venture fund, and we are home to over 25 enterprise startups and growing in NYC.
Are you constantly discovering new technology that you can’t wait to share with anyone who will listen? Do you love social media? Would you love writing content and crafting messages that will reach thousands of readers? Are you a fanatical grammar geek and obsessed with language? If you answered yes to these questions, then this role would be a perfect learning opportunity for you.
We are currently searching for an outstanding Marketing & Communications Intern to work closely with our team to contribute content and to help grow our digital channels.
Role & Area of Focus
We are looking for a true collaborator, someone we can depend on to help us ship projects and constantly deliver compelling content. This is a high-impact, exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help shape, refine, and be the voice of enterprise technology in New York City & beyond.
As our Marketing & Communications Intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our website, newsletters, blog, and social media feeds, as well as other marketing, communication, and content channels. You will be responsible for producing 1-2 pieces of original content per week (researching, writing, editing, etc.), and you will also have the chance to work on a number of other projects related to the development, optimization, and maintenance of our digital media outlets and web properties (e.g. A/B testing, data analytics, search engine optimization, social media marketing, etc.).
- Exceptional writing, editing, and curating capabilities
- Desire to learn, grow, and take on more than you can handle
- Familiarity with digital marketing and content strategies
- Scrappy with a track record of taking initiative and the ability to JFDI
- Analytical thinking with the ability to see compelling stories in data
- Ability to think creatively and step outside your comfort zone
- Passionate about design, technology, and entrepreneurship
- Basic HTML / CSS preferred
- A+ player
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program
- Available for the duration of the 10-week internship (June-August)
What You Get
- Startup camaraderie and spirit
- Work Hard, Laugh Hard, Play Hard
- Come to work in our sunny loft in Union Square, New York
In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following three questions
- An important aspect of this role is writing (e.g. social media updates, event recaps, Work-bench announcements, etc.). Describe a writing project you’ve enjoyed working on.
- What would be 2-3 projects you would enjoy working on this summer?
- Any social media profiles or web presences you’d like to share?
This is a paid position.