At Work-Bench, we’re hyper-focused on providing the enterprise startups in our community the best member experience possible. From our top-grade espresso machine and phone booths for sales calls, to our member lunches around procurement and Fortune 500 / startup showcase events, we strive to help our startups connect, learn, and share with one another in the most productive and collaborative enterprise community possible.
With that in mind, we are growing our Community team at Work-Bench. We are looking for an energetic Operations Associate to support our community and to provide the best possible member experience at Work-Bench.
Do you geek out about tackling and organizing financial spreadsheets? Are you someone who has your Gmail inbox color-coded by sender’s last name? Do you get a thrill out of coming up with creative, fresh ideas to tough challenges, and finding the best solutions and systems to solve inefficiencies? If this sounds like you, apply here directly.
About the Role
Goals: Support the Community team to achieve the following:
- Office & Space Management: Ensure that our 32,000 sq. ft office space in Union Square is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Community-Building: Create a collaborative community environment amongst our 150+ members
- Lead building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience, including supply and inventory procurement
- Manage the administrative, logistical and other duties that are necessary for the buildings’ day-to-day operations
- Handle all bookkeeping aspects on a monthly and quarterly basis, including bank and credit-card reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, and liaising closely with our finance team
- Increase operational effectiveness & efficiency of our systems and space
- Resolve space, facilities and AV/IT issues onsite
- Solve member related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Support special event logistics as needed
Qualifications for Success:
- Demonstrable desire to work in a highly dynamic, changing fast-paced startup
- Proactive multitasker who thrives under chaos, yet also has a strong passion for creating organization and streamlined processes for maximum efficiency
- Business operations, bookkeeping, project management, and customer service experience a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A love of working with people
- Familiarity with A/V systems preferred
- 1-3 years working experience
Work-Bench is an enterprise technology VC fund in New York City. We scale enterprise technology companies through building community, connecting exceptional builders to Fortune 500 buyers, and co-investing in extraordinary founders attacking enormous markets. Work-Bench Ventures focuses on early stage enterprise technology startups and invests between $250K to $1M in each company.comments powered by Disqus